The purpose of this post is to highlight some of the more popular posts shared during the previous month. I am unboxing all the DIYs, vintage items, antiques, furniture makeovers and crafts shared during the previous month. In this post I am unpacking the information I shared within the last 30 or so days.
I will also be sharing some posts from other bloggers with you and highlighting some hand-picked favorite finds!
So let’s get started!
Thrifted Rocking Horse Makeover
The month started with this fun project. I was out thrifting when I came across this little rocking horse. I decided to take it home and give it a makeover using MMS milk paint. There are many ways to re-purpose this little rocking horse. I decided to use it to hold napkins.
Forcing Bulbs in Winter
If you are anything like me, this is the time of year you need to see flowers. In this post, I walk you through the process I use to force bulbs into blooming during the months of January and February. It’s so inspiring and rewarding seeing these flowers grow over the course of several weeks.
Valentine’s Day Arrows
With Valentine’s Day only a couple of weeks away, I showed you how to create these cute little Cupid arrows. They are perfect for adorning a Valentine’s Day gift or incorporating into your decor.
Easy Heart Garland
Finally, I had a great time creating this easy heart garland for less than $2. The project required only 1 item from a craft store or Dollar Store and was completed in less than an hour. It’s definitely a win-win project.
In Related news
If you haven’t yet, check out this Countdown to Valentine’s Calendar! What a fun idea.
Then there is this easy no sew heart pillow. It’s adorable.
Finally, this post on creating flower arrangements with inexpensive grocery store flowers. Yes, please. Going to a florist isn’t in my budget these days but I LOVE flowers.
Cindy from Reinvented Delaware, Regina from Saved From Salvage, Lora Bloomquist of Create and Ponder, and myself have gotten together to share some of their favorite finds with you. Below you will find our hand-picked selection of items that we use, adore and integrate into our lives.
Anna from Sky Lark House
February is a month of self care and staying warm! Below are some of my favorite handpicked finds for this month.
- This little portable space heater is fabulous. I use it in my workshop and my office because it’s perfect for heating up a small room.
- I love these silicon face cleaning brushes because they are gentle but still exfoliate my skin. The each brush lasts for a number of weeks and a package of four is only $7.
- I am using this foaming face wash by Cetaphil because the formula is perfect for the harsh winter weather.
- This is my favorite sweater that I have been wearing all winter. I ordered it in three different colors.
Cindy from Reinvented Delaware
- I’ve been on the hunt to replace my everyday shoes to wear with jeans. But I have foot issues and need to have arch support. So I searched Amazon and found the perfect fitting, cute everyday shoes that look good with jeans and dress pants! The best part is they come in the two colors I want: basic black and chestnut (a warm, rich brown) I’ve been wearing them every day for weeks and they are sooooo comfy!
- Oval Ironstone plates are my favorite dishes to search for when I am out thrifting and antique shopping. I’ve also bought them new to add them to my collection quickly. Here are some that I found on Amazon that would go perfectly with my collection of ironstone. They could be used as a dessert plate or a salad plate.
- If you love oval dishes as I do, here is a set of 12 oval dinner plates that only cost about $4 each! I paid twice that amount about 15 years ago so this is a great deal!
- Maybe I have already shared this hardcover journal with you, but it bears sharing again! No kidding, if you love to journal or use the bullet journal system to keep your life straight, this dot-grid journal is for you! I have it in gray, white and black. Yeah, it’s that amazing! Go ahead and put it in your Amazon cart now. You’ll thank me later 🙂
Regina from Saved From Salvage
- RESTAURANT STYLE NAPKINS Are you a cloth napkin person? I am. I just feel better about using them. These are sturdy and I am a big fan of the clean lines that can be used year round.
- BATHROOM STORAGE BOTTLES This may be for my OCD friends. I recently ordered these bottles because I love the look of matching items in my bathroom shower. It’s just a clean aesthetic that I enjoy. They are plastic, affordable and come with 8 labels.
- VALENTINE BAKING SET This fun set is on sale for $12. It comes with a baking sheet, rack, spatula and the best part is the valentine parchment. I am using the parchment to wrap valentine treats up.
- DOOR MAT I wish this was a joke but it’s seriously something we need. Perfect for the 60 and over crowd. Thursday night Carmine left his phone at a restaurant, maybe instead of the front door, we should carry this around with us.
Lora from Lora Bloomquist Create and Ponder
- For quick clean-ups of silver flatware or jewelry, I’m loving this easy-to-use silver polishing cloth. If I’m setting the table with my good silverware, it’s so easy to wipe away the tarnish and get a fresh look. Also very handy for silver jewelry. You can get it HERE.
- The oldest kiddo moved out and we have a new den! We picked up a super cheap, cute loveseat off Marketplace. I’m reviving it by plumpling the cushions and removing pills from the fabric. A rechargeable fabric shaver is my new best friend; so slick! I’ll be getting out my sweaters next. You can get it HERE.
- Myquillin Smith from the blog, The Nester, has always impressed me with how she can explain the decor process. (I’ve got all her books) Years of experience living in 15 houses has honed her decorating process so she can clearly explain which steps you should take when giving a room a makeover. Her Cozy Community mentorship group is open for a few days (until Mon, Feb 6 at midnight). Her group is an invaluable way to learn how to decorate your home in your own style, inexpensively. Check out the details HERE.
- I’m loving looking at my dining room hutch all decorated for Valentine’s Day with a combo of vintage and new pretties. You can see it HERE, and shop the post HERE. While you’re there, I’d love if you’d follow me on LTK, too!
In Closing . . .
Thanks for stopping by! It’s a frigid minus 9 degrees outside as I finish writing this post. I hope this coming weekend you stay warm and find some creative inspiration!
If you like these types of DIY furniture makeovers and crafts that I share with you, please subscribe to my blog. I will share these types of posts with you via email. You can also follow me on Instagram, Facebook or Pinterest.
Spring is around the corner and I am looking forward to it! BTW, I love Cetaphil products too but I’ve never used the foaming cleanser. It’s in my cart now – thanks for sharing. Happy weekend my friend!
Hi Cindy! I think the foaming facewash is fabulous! You will have to let me know if you like it.
Anna, Ok, guess I can’t complain about our 15 degrees here in Maryland. I am a huge Cetaphil fan and have that foaming cleanser in the shower. Love getting a second look at the adorable rocking horse and those arrows. So fun. Have a wonderful weekend and stay warm.
Hi Regina- thanks for the kind words and for stopping by!
Love the Valentine ideas! Easy peasy. And foaming Cetaphil! Who knew? It’s on my list for sure. Oh, and thanks for the sweater link. Three quarter length sleeve is the best.
Hello Sunny – Thank you for the comment. Yes I love 3/4 length sleeves!
Cute sweater!! I LOVE those turtleneck, flowy sweaters as well. They are so comfortable and go with anything!
Oh also, the sun is out this morning and it’s going to be 32 DEGREES TODAY!!!! WAHOOOO!
Oh my gosh! 32 degrees is almost “shorts and flip flops” weather in upstate NY. I am a little jealous. Thanks for stopping by Rachel!
I have and LOVE so many of the items you guys shared this month, Anna! I’m dying over that doormat. My parents desperately need it as they are constantly forgetting all three things 😆 I can’t wait to try your face scrubbies. I use a lot of Cetaphil products as well so I think they will be a perfect fit and I need to check out the heater for my office. It gets so cold in there sometimes. Sending you lots of hugs and thanks so much for the inspiration. I loved everything you’ve shared this month, CoCo
Thank you so much CoCo! I think I need to buy that doormat too . . . Thank you for stopping by and for taking the time to leave a comment. Let me know what you think of the face scrubbies!