The purpose of the “Sky Lark House: Monthly Unboxing” post is to highlight some of the more popular posts shared during the previous month. We are unboxing all the DIYs, vintage items, antiques, furniture makeovers and crafts shared during the previous month. I am unpacking all of the information shared within the last 30 or so days.
I am also collaborating with three other bloggers and we are sharing our handpicked favorite finds with you.
I will also be sharing some posts from other bloggers with you so you can see what some of my fellow bloggers have been up to!
So let’s get started!
Easy Valentine’s Table
This month I showed you how to create an easy Valentine’s Table. This idea can be adapted to any holiday, including St. Patrick’s day or even a Sunday brunch. It’s a fun and easy way to create a festive tablescape.
I love going into old homes with plaster walls and seeing remnants of wallpaper. It’s so nostalgic and charming. I decided to recreate this look on a wooden cupboard and I walked you through all the steps in the post on Wallpaper Decoupage. This idea could also be adapted to a larger piece of furniture like a dresser.
5 Spring Home Decor Ideas
In this post for 5 Spring Home Decor Ideas, I share with you some easy ways to bring spring inside your home. The DIY moss wreath was well received by many readers.
DIY Gold Leaf Candle Holders
When I found this pair of sconces, they were initially (sorta) painted white. I spent a Sunday afternoon transforming them into the gold leaf version you see above. This technique can be used on a variety of items including mirrors, picture frames and glass votives. It is especially effective on items that have a lot of carved details.
In related news
My friend Stacey from the blog Garlic Salt and Lime has the best healthy-ish recipes. Check out her recipe for Creamy Taco Soup. A perfect way to warm up after spending some time outside.
Elizabeth from Country Peony has a fabulous round up post of 8 spring wreaths you can make. I am in love with the carrot wreath she created.
Do Dodson made the cutest rustic box for her table centerpiece. Of course, she shows you how to create the same thing in her step-by-step tutorial. While you on her blog, check out the story of the mini mules she rescued.
Finally, if you are like me and need a good dose of some beautiful flowers, look at the jaw dropping gorgeous images by Jayne Margaret Photography. Yes, she sells notecards of her photos.
I got together with some of my favorite bloggers and we are sharing some of our 4 favorite finds for the coming month.
This month, I am looking forward to spring and everything associated with it. At the moment, I am actively incorporating rabbits into my home decor. Although we are expecting a foot of snow in upstate New York tonight, in my mind, I can see spring. Here are some of the things that I am using.
- This rabbit shaped cement planter is perfect for spring. It would be cute planted with some herbs.
- I love this pillow with the vintage rabbit print. It’s perfect for a corner chair or sofa.
- These rabbit book ends are adorable and would look great on an entryway table.
- Finally, I was so excited to see Mrs Meyers released their spring scents because I am buying these peony scented candles.
Cindy from Reinvented Delaware
Cindy from Reinvented Delaware has a fabulous blog where she shows you how to refurbish furniture and repurpose thrifted items.
- If you have been watching my latest YouTube video series, then you know I am upholstering an antique chair. That’s why I’m loving my pneumatic staple gun and air compressor lately. These two tools make the job so much easier!
- My skin is drying out as I age so I looked for a new makeup remover that wouldn’t add to the problem. Bioderma Micellar Water has been the answer. I’m on my third bottle and I can’t recommend it enough! Along with cotton round pads that I purchase at the drugstore, Bioderma removes the makeup without drying out my skin!
- Do you use course sea salt and pepper? We do and I decided to get a new set of salt and pepper grinders for our table. It was a little splurge that I don’t mind making since I so often purchase items at the thrift store! The copper look of this set is just my style!
- Are your white towels and sheets getting dingy and yellow? I’ve used Mrs. Stewart’s Liquid Bluing to fix that problem. In fact, I need to do it again soon! It’s a great way to whiten your dingy whites and add a fresh look to white sheets, towels, and even white clothing!
Regina from Saved From Salvage
Regina is also a fellow refurbisher of furniture. Her blog Saved From Salvage is full of inspiration and great craft ideas.
I stumbled across this and fell in love. I have nothing shaped like this at all and I always think they are beautiful when I see them styled.
This is a game changer. I have very wavy hair and I spent years trying to get it straight by blow drying the heck out of it. This is the most amazing hair dryer. It dries so quickly and I lose the heat damage and noise I used to get from my old dryer. It also works perfectly when I’m drying Dempsey.
Have you played the fastest growing sport in the country yet? My son introduced me to this sport, it’s sort of taken over the place at my work. This is a fun new case to show where your heart is.
Ever since I did my son’s (34 years old) nursery, I’ve been obsessed with Peter Rabbit and Beatrix Potter. I still have a lamp and all the figurines he had as a baby. So of course when I spotted this at Williams and Sonoma I was like, yes please.
Lora from Lora Bloomquist
If you love vintage and antique items, Lora Bloomquist has some inspiration for you. Her blog Lora Bloomquist Create and Ponder is full of ideas for repurposing and reusing these items.
- Spring decorating is happening in our home, but so far in a very subtle way. Green and brown accessories are joining white, like Spring trying to emerge from the snowy ground. Moss bunnies and mini topiaries are getting tucked in everywhere for a European potager vibe. Find cute moss bunnies and mini topiaries HERE, along with more Spring faves. (and follow my page while you’re there!)
- It’ll be awhile until we see grass here, but in the meantime, I love to burn THIS Fresh Cut Grass candle. We sold these in my former store; each is hand poured. I absolutely love this scent and love giving these candles as gifts, because they each have a verse on the label. Supporting small, local businesses is also dear to my heart;)
- Along with plenty of green, pops of yellow is like pouring the sunshine into my home! I picked up yellow daffodils and forsythia branches at Trader Joe’s when shopping, and my nose is so happy whenever I use the Daisy scent of Mrs. Meyers soaps. I also love the yellow labels! Find it HERE.
- Since we’ve got several months until gardening season begins, I love to use this time to revive furniture pieces for our home. I’m painting 2 vanity side tables in Miss Mustard Seed’s Typewriter for the living room and have a dresser I’m going to paint in Bergère, which I’ve never used before. I’ve used Miss Mustard Seed’s dried milk paint for years and I love the vintage-looking results on old pieces. You can find their products HERE. Use code 10OFFLB for a discount!
In Closing . . .
Thanks for stopping by the blog today! If you live in an area where flowers are blooming, please do me a favor and set a vase of them on your table. In turn, I will make you a snow man/ snow woman with all the fresh snow we are getting.
If you like these types of DIY furniture makeovers and crafts that I share with you, please subscribe to my blog. I will share these types of posts with you via email. You can also follow me on Instagram, Facebook or Pinterest.