The purpose of the “Sky Lark House: Monthly Unboxing” post is to highlight some of the more popular posts shared during the previous month. We are unboxing all the DIYs, vintage items, antiques, furniture makeovers and crafts shared during the previous month. Basically, I am “unpacking” information shared within the last 30 or so days.
I am also collaborating with three other amazing bloggers and we share our handpicked favorite finds with you.
I will also be sharing some posts, information and events from around the world that you may be interested in.
So, let’s get started!
Collecting Old and New Jadeite
This is the time of year people love to display their jadeite collections since it pairs well with the color red. I updated this post on collecting old and new jadeite to help you identify vintage pieces and to find some newer , more affordable, reproductions.
Antique Drop Leaf Table Makeover
This little drop leaf table got a makeover TWICE! The first time, things didn’t go according to plan. So, I had to give myself a pep talk and try again. You can read about it HERE.
How to Make Stars Using Cardboard Tubes
This was a fun project to make! Using the cardboard tube found in paper towel rolls or toilet paper rolls, we made some stars for the holiday. You can read all about how to make these star ornaments here.
In related news
Tanya has the cutest DIY Sugared Fruit Ornaments for the holidays.
I love this advice on a long lasting autumn container for the garden. In upstate New York, we have already had a hard frost so planting options are really limited.
This post on the pros and cons of white concrete countertops is fabulous. I had no idea that concrete came in the color white! Definitely read this if you can’t decide between quartz or concrete countertops.
This website has SO MANY easy and fun recipes. Especially for the holidays. Head on over if you are looking for some food inspiration.
Speaking of which . . .do you need some inspiration for this holiday season? Or maybe you just need some inspiration for day to day life? If so, this article on 30 things you can do to get inspired may be useful.
Finally, this fall home tour is definitely a good way to spend 30 minutes. You can learn more about the “cloche queen” and how she decorates for fall.
I got together with some of my favorite bloggers and we are sharing our 4 favorite finds for the coming month.
Anna from Sky Lark House
These favorite finds are items that I have purchased, use and enjoy. I am linking the actual product I purchased, not a similar item. I wandered into Target the other day and stumbled across some amazing holiday finds at really good prices.
- These star ornaments are a generous size and full of sparkle. At only $3.00 each, I decided to buy a bunch.
- These large mercury glass candles are also a great price at $15.00 each. Of course, they come in different scents. These candles would make a great hostess gift.
- These white wooden carved reindeer ornaments were also adorable. At only $3.00 each, you can’t go wrong.
- Finally did you know that you can buy an advent calendar for your cat or for your dog? What a genius idea! Of course, I had to buy some of those too.
Cindy from Reinvented Delaware
Cindy from Reinvented Delaware has a fabulous blog where she shows you how to refurbish furniture and repurpose thrifted items.
- Do you have your fall and winter clothes out yet? I’m slowly dragging my warm sweaters and long-sleeved shirts out one by one. And as usual, I decided I wanted a couple of new things. Especially long-sleeved dresses. Sweater dresses are popular this year so I grabbed a camel-colored one and a light grey one. I also picked up a long-sleeved navy dress and an animal print dress that are both due here today.
- Our yard needs a good fall cleanup so I am tackling a little bit each day. A good pair of snips and bypass pruners do the work for me when clipping back all of our perennials. A heavy-duty garden cart is much easier on the back than a wheelbarrow to carry the clippings to our backwoods! The cart will also be handy for outdoor Christmas decorating!
- Christmas decorating is something I have to think about early as a blogger and YouTuber. My King Noble Fir 4-Piece Set has arrived! The set has two 3′ trees, a 9′ garland, and a 24″ wreath. This set is GORGEOUS and I can’t wait to set it up in our bedroom! The same set comes in a flocked version as well as a red berry version. I had a hard time deciding which I liked best!
- Ordering that new 4-piece set also got me thinking about our Christmas tree. We got a new King of Christmas tree last year and I couldn’t be happier with the 7′ Pre-Lit King Noble Fir tree although I should have purchased the 8′ King Noble Fir. Regardless, these winter wonderland ornaments in blue and silver would look gorgeous on the tree I have! Btw, King of Christmas is running an incredible SALE right now!
Regina from Saved From Salvage
Regina is also a fellow refurbisher of furniture. Her blog, Saved From Salvage , is full of inspiration and great craft ideas.
- WOOD AND MARBLE CUTTING BOARD: We are back on track about starting our kitchen remodel. These are the colors we are doing and I’m loving this wood and marble cutting board.
- LONG VEST: I have a teeny coat addiction and I’m loving this one. Such a comfy style for chilly days but not tight or bulky being a vest. Super versatile and perfect for the car.
- WINTER GARLAND: Maybe it’s the chilly weather but I guess you can see a theme. I got one of these almost two years ago and it’s such a fun item to decorate with. I’ve used it on old windows, wreaths and the mantle.
Lora from Lora Bloomquist
If you love vintage and antique items, Lora Bloomquist has some inspiration for you. Her blog Lora Bloomquist Create and Ponder is full of ideas for repurposing and reusing these items.
- Thanksgiving is right around the corner. I love to tuck feathers and feather spheres here and there for the holiday. November is hunting season and feathers add such a nice texture to vignettes and centerpieces. You can stick a handful into any vessel for an instant bouquet to tuck them here and there into your floral arrangements. Shop feathers HERE. Find feather spheres HERE.
- Christmas decorating will be happening soon; time to make sure you’ve got all the helpful necessities to attach and make the pretty! I’ve listed all my favorite floral styling supplies HERE. (follow me while you’re there;)
- Usually we have a real tree in our living room. But this year I decided I’d had enough. As a blogger, it’s important for me to get my holiday decor up early, and a real tree just doesn’t fit into that time frame. And the new artificial trees are so easy to set up! I got spoiled with the one I use in the kitchen. So I ordered THIS tree. It’s got LED lights that can be switched from clear to colored with a foot pedal (because every year I’m in the mood for something different). I just hope it’s not too big for our small living room; we’ll see! All of the Christmas trees in our house are from here; can’t beat their prices;)
- I have enjoyed this classic wheat wreath for a couple years now. Last year it was above the mantel; this year it hangs on the dining room hutch. The texture is perfect for this time of the year. I added a simple metal gather word to the front. Find wheat wreaths HERE. (And if you’ve amassed quite a few seasonal wreaths like me, grab THESE to store them).
In Closing . . .
Thanks for stopping by the blog today! I hope you are taking advantage of all the season has to offer. As we change the clocks and fall backwards an hour, it’s an opportunity to slow down, cozy up and plan for the coming holidays.
If you like the information on vintage/antique items, furniture makeovers and crafts that I share with you, please subscribe to my blog. I will share these types of posts with you via email. You can also follow me on Instagram, Facebook or Pinterest.