The purpose of the “Sky Lark House: Monthly Unboxing” post is to highlight some of the more popular posts shared during the previous month. We are unboxing all the DIYs, vintage items, antiques, furniture makeovers and crafts shared during the previous month. Basically, I am “unpacking” information shared within the last 30 or so days.
I am also collaborating with three other amazing bloggers and we share our handpicked favorite finds with you.
First, as some of you may know, Mr. SLH and I were married at the end of September. The wedding was wonderful and thank you to those of you who sent congratulations and warm wishes.
As you can see, our only SLH employee, Belle, was included in our wedding. Honestly, without all the support and help from our family members, the wedding wouldn’t have been possible. It really does take a village to make these events happen successfully.
I will also be sharing some posts, information and events from around the world that you may be interested in.
So let’s get started!
Fall Booth ReSet
We started off the month of September by updating the antique booth for fall. This meant I put away the vintage flags and brought out the brown transferware. I also put out some crocks and other pieces of pottery. You can read about the Fall Booth Reset here.
Painting Concrete with Milk Paint
Next, we talked about painting concrete with milk paint. Specifically, we painted the concrete horse head and you won’t believe the transformation!
Vintage Style Crow Ornaments
Finally, we shared how to make the vintage style crow ornaments which are perfect for Halloween. The best part is that they can be assembled in about 30 minutes. If you haven’t yet subscribed to my blog, you can get a free download of these images by doing so. Just fill out the form below.
In related news
This is one of my favorite Etsy sites and everything has free shipping.
The Happy Happy Nester has a tutorial for making a beautiful hydrangea wreath.
Here is an article on the 20 best places to go apple picking in the US. I love having fresh apples and incorporating them into different meals.
My friend CoCo has the best post on Every Day Magic and advice on how to keep it front and center in your life.
My friend Donna has the best advice for storing and organizing pillows. I don’t know about you, but finding storage for bulky pillows is always a challenge for me.
We officially have mums on our front porch so I was excited to see the article on how to keep fall mums alive as long as possible.
Have you heard of White Flower Farmhouse? She is also on Instagram and posts new photos of the store’s inventory. The images make me want to move to a beach town and buy a small farmhouse.
I got together with some of my favorite bloggers and we are sharing our 4 favorite finds for the coming month.
Anna from Sky Lark House
These finds are items that I have ordered, currently use and enjoy. I am linking the actual product I purchased, not a similar item.
- These Dry-Fit Wicking tops are fabulous. I wear them anytime I am exercising. They are comfortable and super affordable. You can get a pack of 5 for less than $35.
- The book White and Faded is positively addicting. I can’t stop reading it for inspiration. The author even shares seasonal decor ideas.
- Now that the weather is getting cooler, I have to be more mindful about exfoliating my skin. These silicon facial cleansing brushes are perfect for daily exfoliation. I have shared them before, but I love them so much, they are worth sharing again.
- Speaking of facial care, this moisturizer from Cetaphil is perfect if you are looking for something reasonably priced that’s made for sensitive skin and includes some spf.
Cindy from Reinvented Delaware
Cindy from Reinvented Delaware has a fabulous blog where she shows you how to refurbish furniture and repurpose thrifted items.
- If you wear makeup, then you know the rising costs of it! I recently discovered e.l.f. brand and I was thrilled to see that Walmart carries it! The Camo CC Creeam Foundation and the Camo Powder Foundation are phenomenal and only cost $15 and $10!
- e.l.f. also had some amazing solutions for my disappearing eyebrows! I’m seriously getting bald spots in my eyebrows! AGH!!! The Precise Brow Pencil and the Wow Brow Gel are taking care of those problems for me! I do not leave my house without putting on my eyebrows!
- I’m also loving the Contour Palette. This can be used to define my cheekbones (apply it just under your cheekbone!) as well as my eyes. It’s such a natural look! The Lash ‘N Roll Mascara defines my lashes without looking overdone.
- The Primer Infused Blush lasts all day. It gives the right amount of rosiness to my cheeks. O Face Satin Lipstick comes in so many colors! I like the colors that match my natural lip color the best.
Regina from Saved From Salvage
Regina is also a fellow refurbisher of furniture. Her blog, Saved From Salvage , is full of inspiration and great craft ideas.
Regina wasn’t able to join us for this post. She will be back next month. However, she does have a great post on creating a DIY Fall Door Hanger, that you might like to read.
Lora from Lora Bloomquist
If you love vintage and antique items, Lora Bloomquist has some inspiration for you. Her blog Lora Bloomquist Create and Ponder is full of ideas for repurposing and reusing these items.
- It’s October, so of course I’m going with a pumpkin theme today! Last year I picked up a couple lighted grapevine pumpkins. They are so cozy decorating the top of the dining room hutch; the shadows are beautiful! They are definitely worth adding to your pumpkin decor collection. Get the smaller pumpkin HERE, a little larger one HERE.
- Fall just feels like plaid. I love to spread vintage plaid blankets all around for a cozy vibe. They add texture and pattern to our porch decor or they look beautiful hanging on an old ladder inside. I love finding them at thrift stores, but you can also find a great variety HERE.
- Last Fall I hosted a special brunch with my mom’s friends in honor of her October birthday. It was my excuse to buy pretty pumpkin dishware. It was so fun to pull it out again this year! Find similar pumpkin dishware HERE. These Cedar Placemats are my favorite and they sell out quickly this time of year. You can find them HERE.
- I’ve hit quite a few great estate sales lately:) At one of them, I found this awesome vintage pottery jack o’ lantern. He looks so cute peeking out from my glass kitchen cupboards. Pottery class was all the rage years ago and there are so many fun vintage ceramic jack o’ lanterns to be found. I rounded up a whole variety of vintage versions for you HERE. Enjoy all the cuteness!
In Closing . . .
Thanks for stopping by the blog today! I hope you are taking advantage of all that fall has to offer, including going apple picking. Wishing you all a wonderful three day weekend.
If you like the information on vintage/antique items, furniture makeovers and crafts that I share with you, please subscribe to my blog. I will share these types of posts with you via email. You can also follow me on Instagram, Facebook or Pinterest.