The purpose of the Sky Lark House Monthly Unboxing post is to highlight some of the more popular posts shared during the previous month. I am unboxing all the DIYs, vintage items, antiques, furniture makeovers and crafts shared during the previous month. I am “unpacking” information presented in the last 30 days and sharing it with you.
I will also be sharing some posts from other bloggers with you and highlighting some hand-picked favorite finds!
So let’s get started!
1. DIY Architectural Salvage Lamp
Have you noticed how expensive nice lamps can be? I have. So, when I came across this brown funky lamp that was great quality and in fabulous condition – I KNEW it had potential.
In the DIY Architectural Salvage Lamp post I walk you through the process I use to identify lamps that have potential as well as the steps I took to give it a makeover. It didn’t take long to transform the lamp and it was a fun project to create.
2. DIY Small Table Makeover
In the post DIY Small Table Makeover, I walk you through the steps that turned a “ho hum” table in rough condition into something that has charm and grace.
If you are out and about thrifting, don’t pass up those small side tables!
3. DIY Advent Calendar
When we were about half way through the month of November, I realized it was time to start transitioning to Christmas. One of the ways you can count down the days to Christmas is with this DIY Advent Calendar.
This is a fun way to customize an advent calendar to your family’s needs. In the post, I also share some ideas for advent gifts.
4. Making a Winter Door Wreath
Finally, there was the Winter Door Wreath post that shows you how to make a winter wreath by using natural materials foraged from your garden or from the woods.
In Related news
A total of four bloggers put our heads together to share our four favorite finds. Each of these ladies and myself share these finds with you below.
Lora from Lora Bloomquist
- When I am decorating for any season, I always want to have bindwire and chenille stems available. They are the best for attaching just about anything; strong yet gentle.
- These cedar placemats are my absolute favorite. I don’t just use them on the table; I use them all over the house all winter long. If they’re out of stock, have them notify you when they’re back in.
- If you have an artificial tree and miss that fresh, real tree fragrance, get a pack of THESE to satisfy your senses. A reader recommended them to me and I’ve added a stick to each of my small artificial trees.
- I’m a little obsessed with THESE battery operated wax candles that look like birch. I bought enough for every window of my house. I placed them in thrifted brass candlesticks. They come with a remote and a timer so I set them to be on from 4:30 to 10:30 pm. They even look like they’re flickering!
Cindy from Reinvented Delaware
- Have you bought your Christmas tree yet? Our tree is a new one this year and I am loving it!
- My other favorite Christmas decor piece new to me this year are these battery-powered tapered candles. They are game-changers!
- Pine cones are the main theme in my decor this year. I found these super unique rose pine cones this year and they are really beautiful to use for so many projects!
- If you are feeling tired and your eyes are showing it during the holiday season, this amazing concealer will help! I’m wearing it every day!
Regina from Saved From Salvage
- FAUX GARLAND This is the first time I’ve bought faux garland. I’m so glad I did. The funny thing is that I keep going over to the mantel to check for falling needles but there are never any there. I don’t hate that part at all. It’s beautiful and full and I already want more.You can find it here: Garland
- ROUND IRON CANDLESTICK HOLDER These round candlestick holders are gorgeous. I spotted them at Terrain last weekend and got two, then ordered more before midnight on Cyber Monday. I bought medium and small. The medium fits these remote control candles in them perfectly. I have two on my porch and am awaiting for the others to put in the windows in the kitchen and dining area. You can find them here: Round Iron Candlestick Holder
- REMOTE TAPERS These are perfect for the candle holders. A safe and easy option. I have two of the candle holders on the front porch and I love opening the door and pointing the remote and clicking them on and off in a flash. You can find them there: Remote Tapers
- HOLIDAY PLAID PLATES How cute are these plates from Target? I bought four, then went back and bought more. These plates are 10.9 inches and are only super affordable. I can’t wait to share my tablescapes I create using them. They would be perfect for a holiday breakfast or luncheon. You can find them here: Plaid Plates
Anna from Sky Lark House
- I LOVE this jadeite cake stand. It’s perfect to use at Christmas time. Mine is currently filled with vintage santa mugs.
- I also adore these mini Keurig machines that come in the cutest colors! Yes, in pink and aqua!
- If you have any type of coffee maker – I highly recommend this kitchen caddy coffee sliding tray. It’s fabulous because I can easily slide my coffee maker back under the kitchen cabinets when it’s not in use.
- Finally, this set of 12 linen napkins is a great deal and they are perfect for any Christmas meal.
Thank you for stopping by the blog today. I hope you found some inspiration as well as a small decor idea that will bridge the time between Christmas and the early winter months of next year.
If you like these types of DIY furniture makeovers and crafts that I share with you, please subscribe to my blog. I will share these types of posts with you via email. You can also follow me on Instagram, Facebook or Pinterest.
I wish you some “Happy Creating”.