In the workshop- “After” of the Plant Stand


In the previous post, I talked about how I removed about ten pounds of old paint from this plant stand using a heat gun.  When I had last posted pictures, this piece had been stripped but was still needing some sanding and repainting.

Well, here she is.  After sanding her down using 150 grit and then 220 grit sand paper, I applied Fusion Mineral paint in the color Fern.  Initially I was planning to use milk paint but changed my mind. Milk paint needs to be sealed and I knew this piece would be exposed to wet pots and vases.  So, I decided to use Fusion Mineral paint because it does not need to be sealed.  I decided to go with green because this was the original color of the stand.

Because it is now officially fall, I put some pumpkins on the plant stand and took photos.  The project just wouldn’t be complete if I didn’t show you one of the ways I plan to use the newly painted plant stand.



Here are some close ups of different portions of the plant stand.



The foliage under the pumpkins is called broom corn.






Here is a video showing you the entire piece.


Similar Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *