In thIs this post, I will share some of my ideas for Mother’s Day gifts and I will also share some ideas from other bloggers.
Can you believe that Mother’s Day is this coming weekend? Holy smokes. How did this happen?
I have three Mom’s that I like to celebrate for Mother’s Day and I try to do something unique for each of them. It takes a little thought, creativity and planning but it’s a fun process thinking of something that is specific to each person.
Ideas for Mother’s Day
Each Mom is unique in their tastes, preferences, hobbies, and pursuits. So I would encourage you to pick a gift idea that reflects your Mom’s unique personality and values. (For example, not every Mom likes chocolate.) Here is a list of ideas that are reasonably priced and fairly easy to put together. You can head out to your local stores to pick up these items. (So, no need to worry about an item shipping and arriving before this Sunday)
- Pick up a hanging basket of flowers or large pot with flowers from your local nursery. Spring is here and this is the perfect time to start having flowers on your porch. Bonus – if you live in a cold climate like I do, your Mom can simply bring the flowers inside for the night.
- Make a “spa basket”. This is fun because you can customize it in terms of scents and colors. Pick out whatever items work best for yourMom – hand lotion, bubble bath, nail polish, essential oils, fuzzy socks, and tea are some ideas. This is such a fun basket to put together. Bonus- you can use a vintage or antique basket to hold all the items.
- Make some cookies for your Mom. This is another easy and fun activity to do. Make your Mom her favorite type of cookie. I always like to put the cookies in vintage tins or vintage Deco-ware containers for extra fun packaging.
- Make an herb basket. I will typically go to Trader Joes or a health food store and buy 4 inch pots of different herbs. Basil, oregano, mint, chives, and rosemary are some examples. Then I will assemble them in a vintage basket to give as part of the gift. This is a perfect gift if your Mom likes to cook. I have learned the importance of using fresh herbs for cooking from my own Mom.
- Assemble a basket of gardening items. This is perfect for the Mom who loves to actively garden outside. New gardening gloves, a new trowel, a sun hat, some packets of seeds and a nice pair of shears are always appreciated.
- Give your Mom a new bird feeder and a large bag of bird seed. I don’t know about you, but I have some “birding enthusiasts” in my family. We also have a bear who likes to visit the home of one of the “birding enthusiast”. The bear then runs off into the woods with the bird feeders. Hence the continual need for replacement bird feeders. If you don’t like conventional bird feeders, humming bird feeders are also a welcome addition. If you don’t like bears, I recommend not buying a bird feeder.
Here are some ideas that I have gathered from my blogger friends, as well as links to their posts. These women truly invested time and thought into these posts. They shared stories from their lives and shared meaningful ideas. Many of the ideas they offer require very little money or no money. Above all, many of these bloggers clearly values time and experiences with their loved ones more than any gift purchased from a store. If you are so inclined, please spend a little time reading their blog posts.
Donna from an Organized Season
Donna listed SO many good and cost effective ideas for Mother’s Day in her recent post. I love her first idea, just let your Mom sleep in. I love Donna’s ideas because they focus on spending time with your Mom and doing things for your Mom that will make her day more enjoyable.
Coco from the Crowned Goat
Coco from the Crowned Goat has the best post on SEVENTEEN– yes- SEVENTEEN, things you can MAKE for Mother’s Day. Wow!
There are so many good ideas in her post that I encourage you to hop on over to her site to read about them. Among her ideas is a personalized monogram which I think is genius. She also talks about creating an “Appreciation Tree” which is another idea I love.
Lori from Dining Delight
Lori from Dining Delight has a fabulous post on making a beautiful tablescape for Mother’s Day. She uses the prettiest and most cheerful spring colors. She carefully walks you through the steps she used to create this tablescape.
Renae from Peacock Ridge Farm
Renae shared an amazing recipe for making tea cakes for your Mom. They are the cutest little cakes and I immediately feel the need to serve high tea. I love how the icing on the top of these little cakes looks like a flower.
I hope you found some inspiration for Mother’s Day. If you are a Mom – I wish you a very happy Mother’s Day and that some of these ideas find their way into your day. Thank you for stopping by the blog today! I will “see” you all next week.
This is such a lovely post with so much inspiration! Thank you for sharing my ideas on how to make Mother’s Day Extra Special! Hope you have a fabulous weekend! Blessings, Donna
Thank you Donna for commenting and THANK YOU for sharing such meaningful ideas with us.
Thank you so much for the feature. I sure appreciate you. Hugs and blessings to you.
Such ingenious ideas. And, all very usable, immediately. I’ll remember these for other occasions. Thanks for a great blog!
Thank you Cheryl for your comment! I am glad you find these ideas useful!!
Hi Renae – you are very welcome. I love those little tea cakes!
Amazing ideas, Anna!! You are so creative. Any mom would appreciate any of those!!
Thank you Rachel! It’s nice to know we don’t need to run to Amazon for everything.
Thank you so much for including my Mother’s Day ideas, Anna, I really appreciate it. Being a mom is one of the hardest jobs on the planet and they definitely deserve to be celebrated every day. Hope your weekend was a blessed one. Big hugs and thank yous, CoCo
Hi Coco- Thank you for taking the time to comment. All I can say is WOW! 17 ideas! Most impressive! Keep them coming. Thanks for always being a cheerleader in this corner of the internet.
I love this post, and let’s not forget some bears are Moms too! Lol. The tiny tea cakes with flowers of frosting are beautiful. The colorful table scale is gorgeous, makes such a difference in setting the mood.
So many great ideas here, thank you for the compilation.
Hi Susan! Thank you for taking the time to read and comment. You are absolutely right – bears are Mom’s too! They deserve some bird seed every now and then!